Monday, October 4, 2010

we come from the land of the ice and snow......

.......from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow

 

Switzerland was SOFA KING COLD.

 

Everything shrunk. Temporarily.

 

Beautiful scenery though – the mountains too..... The Swiss Alps own the Austrian Alps that in turn own the Italian Alps that totally destroy the French Alps. But i do miss the Austrian Alps and the schnitzel and strudel nourishment they provide me.

 

But i did eat Swiss cheese in Switzerland. And Movenpick ice cream. And excessive amounts of Toblerone & Lindt chocolate. I had all four for breakfast one day. Thats how i roll.

 

We found a Hooters too. That was nice.

 

I went up to the highest peak in Europe. 3.5 kilometres up. It was minus 1 degree celcius. It was so isolated up there I got lost trying to find Echo Base while out looking for an Imperial probe droid but then Han found me a warm stinky place to hide from the Wampa’s when the storm came in. Leia was worried about me – Chewie too. But it all worked out in the end. I felt a bit drunk from the lack of oxygen at that altitude. But at $USD130 to get up there, ill take a $AUD40 bottle of Jose’s magical pixie juice to get me that special warm and fuzzy hammered feeling anyday. Its been 5 months since Jose and i had a long in depth conversation with Amy. I miss them so.

 

AB out.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment