Friday, October 8, 2010

through the sleepless nights, through every endless day

I remember being like 13 or something and totally air guitaring to Skid Row. I got in trouble of Mrs Wood at school for not doing my math homework and she made me stand up and tell everyone why i didn’t do it. I lied and said i was playing soccer or something but secretly i was in my room rockin that record and dreaming of coke and groupies and life on the road. 20 years later and im still rockin those dreams. And that record. That first record was insanely good. It wasn’t on permanent rotation on my daily WalkMan commute to school but it did get a playing at least every other week for a while. I didn’t get to see the band live and then they broke up – probably too much coke and groupies and life on the road. But when Sebastian Bach did a solo tour back home in September 2006 i went along to the mighty Selina’s in Sydney and the show was great. Then Baz supported “Guns N Roses”  in June 2007 and those performances he did were just as good.

 

I didn’t realise Baz was supporting “Guns N Roses” on the new European dates (i use inverted commas cause i have an issue with the name of that band in its current form). I got to Portugal and looked up the details of the show and boo ya – there it is. He is supporting them at all the shows im going to see – at this stage its 4 of them, maybe a 5th. Thats how i roll.

 

For those wondering, yes he can still hit the high notes on stuff like 18 & Life and Youth Gone Wild and I Remember You. I swear his testicles have been replaced with ovaries cause there’s no fcuking way a dude can hit those high notes with a sac full of Maltesers.

 

I was totally hoping he’d do Quicksand Jesus off the Slave To The Grind record. Awesome example of a 90s c.ock rock ballad. Was rockin that one a few weeks ago walking around Nice.

 

Low quality photos – only took my phone. Didnt realise security would be as relaxed with cameras. Will try to take photos at the Madrid and San Sebastian shows over the weekend.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment