Wednesday, November 10, 2010

obrigado

Ive always wanted to go to Portugal. Always. Just looked like such a great place. Then it didn’t look like i was going to get here – i thought about going to the Slavic regions of Europe in October but blew it off when Axl announced a tour of Portugal and Spain.

 

Got there and went straight to Lagos. Lots of friends totally dig the place and i can see why. Really chilled, great vibe, etc. I sat on the beach with a friend most of the time i was there. Just chillin, reading a book, etc. I ate my first Portuguese tart and my first Portuguese chicken in Lagos. I wont forget those two culinary experiences. Ever.

 

Then i got to Lisbon. Caught up with some awesome friends i met in Greece. I love travelling for that reason alone. Anyway, we went to a few of the sights of the city and then had one of the best meals ive had in Europe – Codfish is HUGE in Portugal and me like lots. Then we went to a traditional dancehall where they had a Brazilian (mariachi style??) band and all these people dancing in old school ways. Looked like the dance scene at the end of Back To The Future. I didn’t really understand it so im sorry to Gaby and Vanda if i got the info wrong, but i have to say it was one of the best experiences of my trip so far (non gig related). Just seeing the local people interact and enjoy life. This is the stuff i want to see. Im so fcuking over the tourist stuff. Everywhere i go i see Australians with Southern Cross tattoos and white Von Zipper sunglasses and stupid demented Ed Hardy t shirts or blue Bonds wife beaters. I swear 30% of the Australians travelling Europe are fcukwits. But me and my friends aren’t. We rock. But yeah it was awesome to spend some time with locals seeing and doing what the locals do. But i don’t dance.

 

Portugal was awesome. Another place i want to go back to again. And then again. And again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment